1. Less is More
This year we put up our artifical 6.5 foot Colorado spruce with white lights. We have had a tree like this our whole 17 years of marriage. It is small and simple. My hubby doesn't want any other kind of tree, he likes it. We had a few days where we couldn't find our ornaments for the tree. Just this precious to us tree with white lights and a rustic star on top. It was really nice. I was glad to find the ornaments we've collected over the years because they really did have sentimental value, but this tree in all its simple glory reminded that less is more!
Both artificial and real light from the evening firmament. I love the moon and stars to remind me of the holidays.
3. Ornament
Ever since Joseph was born, I've gotten myself or have been given as gifts, Demdaco figurines. They seem to represent my little family. This ornament reminds me of my sweet angel Spence. We had a hope for a canine companion therapy dog for him. It didn't work out, but I just found out yesterday day that the new school he will be attending in January has animal therapy time where they bring in dogs to play with the kids. How great it will be to reap the benefits of that therapy at school and to have all the responsibility of have of full time therapy dog. This ornament brings warmth to my heart.
I got this antique cup at Deseret industries( a thrift store) to make a centerpiece for a table for church last Christmas. Now this year I can fill it with new things. My favorites, fruits greenery, berries, birdies. The wonderful lights, sights, colors, and sounds of Christmas. My cup is full with beautiful sounds from new speakers with lovely Pandora music playing.~
What a lovely set . . . and your descriptions make them so much more meaningful. Great job!
ReplyDeletelove your ornament and nativity shots.
ReplyDeleteI love the star lights and your nativity!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great set - love your perspective on nativity.
ReplyDeleteAll your pictures are great. Really love your cup of cheer and nativity. Thanks
ReplyDeleteThanks:)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful decorations you have! I love your take on cup of cheer!
ReplyDeleteGreat set of photos! And Brians right, those cracks will warm your heart down the road.
ReplyDelete