Family matters. The relationships we make and nurture carefully in our lives are the most important things we do. It is endearing to see siblings working together that normally fight. It see a spouse holding a hand of another in the hospital. We truly do dedicate our lives to family and it shows in our actions as we care for one another. I've been feeling the feeling of "What can I do?" the past week. and I realized, I can do what I always try to do which is to be there for people. To do what is needed and wanted as it happens, not planned or expecting anything in return.
It is great to reflect on showing more kindness( like Jewel's christmas song, Only Kindness Matters), being there for others more during this season of the year that has become most about buying and giving gifts. It is easy to get distracted by time schedules and to do lists. I've found the wonderful memories and special moments are made in the down time, spending time with those that mean the most to us and those we feel inspired to serve.
I want to be more Christlike and I've found there is always opportunities to try and try again to do that. I am grateful for the patience of my family and the love they have towards me. I've loved the lights this holiday season. I love that Brian quoted in his talk in church a few weeks ago from John 8:12; "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the a light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life". It seems to me that trying to do what he would do gives us a light in our life and helps us become aware of what we can to for others.
I love my family and want to serve them and not get too caught up in unimportant things that I miss truly feeling the special foundation of the family as it pertains to our happiness. I love these days before Christmas to cherish the gift of my family members.:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday
This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...
-
I feel like we are blessed to have a home we love, in a garden of Eden. There is beauty all around when there's love at home, and lots o...
-
My Beautiful car was rearended by a teen. It was my dream car and I planned on having it for another 10 years at least. I was forced to deal...
No comments:
Post a Comment