Thursday, April 18, 2013

Gratifying work-The Garden

Being in a newly built home for a year now reminds me of our home we built in Utah. We planted a lot, and made a garden, and tried to beautify our surroundings. Sometimes I feel like it is a desert out here. Some of the things I planted last year didn't make it. Bulbs and succulents did well. I'm glad some geraniums made it. I know they are hardy, but we are still trying to figure out the sprinkling system. I looked at it today and I think things finally clicked for me, so hopefully we won't have plants dying from Too much water.  I planted some vegetables today. I hope they grow and produce. I love fresh produce and getting it from my own backyard, even better.

I transplanted my rose tree with pink firework roses. It was hit and miss, but I am happy to report it made the transition!(sounds like an Emmy flower I know) The plants I have been able to keep are pretty small here, but using my zoom lens helps me focus on the good things. they are still there!  There are flowers and things will fill in with time! Working and being in the yard brings me joy. I've been planning and preparing for birthdays. That's fun, but not as fun as digging in the dirt and smelling the beautiful plants and flowers! I bought garden soil that mixes with your current soil and feeds it for up to three months. With consistency and tending to it, I hoping this will be my best garden year to date!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...