Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Routines

     When we have routines, it seems we remember things. With my children if they have a morning routine, that means less reminding for me to do. The order gives us guidance on what comes next. I went outside my normal routine yesterday. Every Tuesday morning I go to the gym with Laurie then I have a parent training with Alicia right after. I was given two different opportunities on Tuesday morning so I switched things around. The alternative activities didn't turn out, but I enjoyed going to Whole Foods to get some yummy tomatillo salsa and there was a farmers marker out front and I enjoyed that too. It was out of the norm, but it was nice. I love and look forward to our Date night routine as well. We went for Tom Yuk Gai soup at Star of Siam. That soup is extremely tasty. They didn't bring it out with the fire going on the metal soup container, but it was delicious still the same.

     Good things can still happen even if things don't go as planned or the way we wanted. I didn't play volleyball at the church because it was cancelled, I didn't go to get my hair played with for a couple hours to be a hair model, but I was happy I went to John Adam's Academy and found out that there was a tour of the school once a month and it was that day. I went to it later. I am looking for a great fit for Celia. I really felt there would be a great fit for her. I like the ten core values they have and how it seems the learning is embedded in all they do.

     Celia does great with the tutors learning all sorts of life skills that are embedded. We made some cute rainbow loom bracelets and beaded crafts with ally. We were learning to finish a project, take turns, compromise on activities and social interactions. It seemed like fun to her! I love it when I can kill two birds with one stone. I can use my new photography fun tools while preparing to blog and I am reinforcing Celia's success all at the same time. I hope we can get Celia into John Adams sooner than later. There is a waiting list so time will tell.
     
In the meantime it is IEP month for me, Starting this week. I will be advocating for Celia and Spencer and helping them to get the best routines for learning and growing the best they can at this time. I feel grateful for the good things they have going and opportunities for change.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...