Thursday, January 30, 2014

Rain Dance (I mean hike)


I've felt the need to write lately. I enjoy looking back and remembering the great time and really feel love and peace in my life when I do. I almost forgot how much I love hiking. It has been a while since I've gone with our group. With no rain, we scheduled a hike then happily rain came. We didn't mind in the least  bit walking in the sprinkles and the mist. We have had a drought here and we are praying and fasting for rain. I know it will come in abundance due to our prayers. Next week there will be a state wide fast for rain. Fasting for us go like this: we pray and go without food for 2 meals or twenty four hours then give a generous donation to our church( The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) of at least the amount of money we would have used for the meals we missed and it is given to those in need in our area. How can the Lord not bless such a great act of selflessness. It will help and be great. I enjoy hiking with these ladies. We talk and we eat healthy food and we take pictures. Heidi keeps us moving at quite a quick pace even though she manages to snap these great photos, it is still wonderful exercise. We went to Hidden falls. It is a short hike, but we managed to wander all around and make it into a 4.7 mile adventure. Even if my hikes in the mountains are every so often, I'm glad I go and remember and record their memories to appreciate later.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...