Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mom's Mendocino Birthday

What? It's Mom's Birthday?(Commence in singing Happy Birthday). That was what happened over a hundred times on my birthday road trip to the Ocean.  We decided to be spontaneous and meander in a north west direction on my birthday. We stopped at Grocery Outlet and got a few things then we ended up in Mendocino. We also passed through Redwood forest to and from the ocean.  It was a hot day and Spencer, Celia, and I went to get a car wash and to a garage sale. We loved our ride, it was so fun. Everyone was happy and it was such beautiful scenery and miles of mountain turns. Who knew it was so beautiful here? In Fort Brag, we found a turn off that had a jungle beach walk. We noticed so much fog moving in and beautiful waves and there was a lovely breezy by the beach. Much different then the triple digit temperatures back at home. I was in awe of the arches and beautiful bluffs in Mendocino. We had never been there and were very impressed. The colors were beautiful and the various flowers gave off a pleasant perfume like smell. Joseph was a little concerned I walked a precarious path to reach an area more extended out of over the water. I guess I am adventurous still even as a 40 year old. I got a little nervous passed the pass that looked  like it might rock slide down thirty feet at any moment, but the view was worth the risk.  We passed by Napa on the way home. It was beautiful too. I'm so glad for the family time. I missed Emmy, but knew she as having fun in Newport. Overall, it was a magical, better than expected sort of day.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...