I also feel grateful for being safe. A tornado touched down in our neighborhood, but we were okay. I went on a field trip with Joseph and the school chartered a bus. They arrived safely home, but further up the road a chartered bus was struck by a fed ex truck and there were injuries and fatalities to the students, drivers and chaperones. Life is short and I'm grateful for the time with my family and our temple sealing as comfort that we can be together forever. There was also a high speed car chase in Antelope last week where we used to live that took the life of a father and daughter. The community has reached out and come together to support their family. Whenever tragedy strikes I just want to pull my daily close and hold them near me. I want to follow the prophets advice and stand in Holy places. That can be our home, temples, meeting houses and anywhere where we are keeping the commandments and engaging in good. I'm grateful my parents have been safe through the many minor earthquakes in L.A. Also, for the rain we have been receiving.
The field trip turned out to be such a great time. I met and talked with Lindsey and Chris who are Brian and Sean's moms. I drove to the Exploratorium in San Francisco. We experienced the museum , had a great time driving around the city and walking on the Golden gate Bridge. it was cold and foggy, but so fun and beautiful. We hit traffic on the way home, but our conversation was engaging and we love stopping off at El Pollo Loco for a Mango Chicken Tostada. I feel like I have a few more friends over at Joseph's school and would love to chaperone again.













No comments:
Post a Comment