Sunday, August 8, 2010

Conejos River

After spending the night at Lance and Dawn house, we headed towards the cabin. We took a different route down through Moab and Montecello , Utah. We were able to see the temple there. We rode through Durango and Padgosa Springs Colorado. Pagosa was beautiful to me and I want to visit there another time.:) We came into the cabin by way of Chama. It was very green and lush and of course we saw deer. We also saw a lot of cows trying to cross the road, the kids that that was pretty interesting. I wonder if they will think of cows differently as food hehe. They sure liked the calfs the best. Celia called the cabin a new second house, we do feel like home there it was cute. She named it the cabin house and our normal house became the California house. The first morning there Joseph wanted to go down to the river and I was reallly wanting to go for a walk so we walked down together. Spencer and Brian ended up joining us there. I love water and the conjeos is sucha beautiful river.:)
Joseph was pretty impressed with the saddles and this leather canteen. He was trying on hats in the lodge and asking how muuch they all cost, hordes and saddles, the whole deal. It was cute.
Joseph tied some sticks together with a reed and made a raft. He was so happy about it, it went better then skipping rocks did.:)

I loved to see the boys at the river. Its nice how its so near the cabin we can walk down there anytime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...