Monday, August 9, 2010

Pickin' Up Emmy

When we were on vacation we went to my folks house and dropped off Emelie(also other things including celebrating my birthday early.:) She was able to spend the weekend at my sister's house with her cousins, Addison and Kieran. Then the next Monday they left for Mammoth. Their accommodations were upgraded and their days were packed with activities such as kayaking, rock climbing, and hiking. They even had a fancy dinner at the Tamarack lodge in Mammoth, a family favorite of ours. Since school is beginning on the 10th Emmy needed to find a way home. Bri and and our respite worker (Merlene) took care of Spencer for Friday and Saturday and the other kids and I headed to Mammoth Lakes, California. As you can see from all the pictures I took, it is beautiful and we loved going for a walk around horseshoe lake, watching a movie under the stars on the big screen,(although it got cold) and seeing many many lakes before heading home. What a nice relaxing time we had.:)













These kids had so much fun together. I was proud of Celia running around with the big kids. She even slept in the bunk beds (just like at home) with them. She is growing so tall and aware of people and emotions around her. She won't be left behind, you can't even put your shoes on without her yelling to wait for her and get her shoes. I love how she has grown. Emmy has grown quite a bit this trip too. A little more independent and lot more cooperative at home. /thumbs up. We enjoyed our drive home listening to music, watching all the beautiful mountain passes and stopping off to ate some seriously huge and yummy desserts. Celia and Joseph had strawberry pie, I had a giant oatmeal raisin chocolate chip cookie and Emmy had huge cinnamin roll that I think had cream cheese in it, yum~!

Crystal Peak

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...