Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How are You?

Perception and perspective are interesting to consider when we are deciding how our day is going. We hear the traditional;"How are you doing"at that point we can either say fine which is the typical answer or we can be accurate and elaborate. We have to decide then and maybe before then how we feel about our day. If for instance I have been having an eternal perspective, I would relish the love in my life and learning opportunities that raising of my children brings to me. I could say, today is a great blessed day! If I thought how spring break should be full or relaxation and peace, I may find myself less than satisfied on the days events. I might say I'm fair to midland and counting down the days until school resumes!

I can choose to have a great day despite any mishaps or challenges a long the way. I have been practicing thinking of happy times while embracing the challenge that comes from physical exertion necessary that day,or weathering the weather of the day. For instance I love to recall using the hot tub on a cool summer evening with the delta breeze helping the experience be all the more relaxing. It calms me and makes me smile despite a gloomy day or the fact that I have an inoperative clothes dryer, or have a worry of my boy suffering from terrible seasonal allergies.

I've found reading the scriptures very helpful in gaining perspective on how my day is going. Also, music such as hymns give me clarity on how I am doing. "Have I done any good in the world today, have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad or made someone feel glad? If not, I have failed indeed." Being a mother and a wife helps me to do things that bring me joy. I admit cleaning up after kids is not joyful for me yet, but teaching them all they need to know to succeed in life and beyond is a great pursuit and I love to see their progress.

Being under the weather always puts a damper on my day and my feeling of happiness. Yesterday, My ears were hurting me, and my world was spinning with vertigo. It was difficult to focus through Three hours of meetings at my house for my children's benefit. I was starving and ill by the end. It is great to have that in home support and to have her come to our home to meet, but I wasn't thinking that at the time. After, the kids and I went and got some lunch (Teriakyi Turkey burger..Mmm)and brought it home, since I don't let the kids eat in my car.:) A clean car is a happy place too! I felt better after some food and Joseph assured me I could rest a little while he had everything under control. He is so cute and I could hear him turning on a TV show and manning the front room.

Soon after it was time for tutoring to start and I was amazed at how the kids were doing so well at Winco with the help of he tutors on our community outing. It brightened my day and ended up having a fantastic evening. Brian and I, Joseph and Emmy ate homemade chicken green chili enchiladas and Caesar salad then got to go out to shop for Celia and Spencer's birthdays coming up. We had respite and after we came home we played a game together called Dominion and it turned out to be a great day! I am grateful for prayer, for support, for eternal perspective, and the knowledge that all is well. I am doing very well today, if anyone asks.~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Cabin, Twice Utah, and One Birthday

This was a big trip and very anticipated since we have changes coming up with the ownership of the Family Cabin. We have gone there for over...