Monday, April 11, 2011

Avery Pond Hike









I'm part of a hiking group, so when schedules allow I go hiking with some fabulous ladies (Tammy,Misty,Heidi, & Angie)and explore the gorgeous nature nearby. We have had a ton of rain lately and haven't been able to get out and hike. We went to Avery pond that you can access from rattlesnake bar in the Folsom lake area. It was a beautiful day out. We saw so many butterflies, at one point I had four surrounding me. We saw a beautiful crane take off and some cute turtles that like to layout on a rock in the pond. We went four to 5 miles and stopped for a snack at some picnic tables (for like 10mins)half way through. My favorite part was talking with friends while we took in the beautiful surroundings. It was good exercise too! My feet weren't used to the ups and downs so my shins and the top of my feet were pretty sore. It was a great Friday topped off by no tutoring sessions or parent trainings. Sometimes its just nice to be in nature and fill my cup! All these beautiful pictures were taken by my friend Heidi. I brought my video camera and captured some of our talking and messing around on the hike as well as some great nature shots. There was a lot of poison ivy that we did a good job avoiding as well as the mountain lions which there were many posted warnings for!:)

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh... it's so beautiful there!! I'm jealous! lol I have spring fever soooo bad! It might snow here tonight! Tell the girls I said hi and they all look awesome!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...