It was nice to have Easter at home this year. We were keeping it pretty low key. I tried to take a few pictures, but even though all were home and got dressed up for church, I seemed to miss my opportunity to catch everyone dressed up. I decided it was better to just have a relaxing day than to push it. We went to church and had some yummy corned beef, it was my first time making that. I knew it was salty, but didn't realize how salty it was until I tried to make gravy from the drippings. Emmy liked it, but the rest of us ate our potatoes sans gravy.
My mom made wonderful Easter baskets and sent them to us. They were chuck full of candy, chocolate eggs, and a ton of amazing souvenirs from their recent trip to the Amazon and other places in Brazil and the Caribbean. The kids loved their baskets and all their loot especially the unique looking recorders and boat. Celia loved her Dora Brazilian T-shirts and said she is going to keep her basket for forever and that she loved it. Its great to not make a big tahdo each holiday, its more relaxing for me and we can focus more on the meaning of the holiday, like the Resurrection of our Savior in this case. We were ending the kids spring break from school and having so many birthday celebrations, it was nice to get everyone back into their routines (going to school)after the weekend(on Tuesday) I am enjoying it being a bit more quiet around here!:)
No comments:
Post a Comment