Saturday, April 23, 2011

Adventures of a Special Day~




















Yesterday was a Special day, April 22nd!. Our sweet Celia jean jelly bean turned five. The boys were occupied with other things so Emmy, Celia, and I headed out to Stinson Beach for a day of fun and celebration. In the morning Celia opened one present that was sparkly jeans and Dora silly bands. She is crazy for both of these things, but was a little concerned there weren't more gifts! I assured her it was going to be a great day.~
I was surprised how I found my way there with no trouble, I must have a radar for the ocean. We enjoyed the bridges and the wonderful smell of Muir woods before reaching the northern California coast. Celia thought the winding roads down to the shore were a roller coaster and she was a little nervous being on the cliffs. It was cute and Emmy comforted her and was a great older sister! We had breakfast there. The girls loved the hot chocolate. I loved the ambiance, they had a fire going and it was such a cute little beach cafe. There was a down syndrome boy next to us. He was so cute and sweet. He sat better than our sweet Celia hehe. She is such a wiggle worm, so she loved playing at the little park nearby and running around on the sand looking for sticks to surround her sand castle. I think she was expecting a real castle to be built, because she said we didn't build one. Emmy and I decided she may have watch too much Dora the Explorer or some other cartoon. We assured her we made a great sand castle. We traveled home over the Golden Gate bridge and through a little bit of San Francisco. Celia said we're in the city! We sure were, lots of traffic on a Friday there, but it was nice to pass through.
We stopped at Walmart on the way home and got Celia a Disney princess key (she can now access our garage..) that she had been wanting ,and a big fluffy beanie pig. She was pretty happy. We topped off the day with decorations at home, the sister missionaries for dinner, and a yummy red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting from Costco, mmm.
I was pleasantly surprised that Young our respite worker, who is quite the cook had marinated some chicken for us for dinner. She used many flavorful spices and encouraged me to plant a herb garden so she can make some marinades with fresh basil, rosemary, thyme, etc. Sounds like a good plan to me. We had a great meal and the four chicken breasts were like the feast of the loaves and the fishes. We had mash potatoes and salad too, but seemed to have leftovers, which doesn't happen very often around here.:)
We were glad to be all together again, Brian had been gone for training at work for two days and we all came together for dinner and opening presents. Celia got a pink DSI with a hello kitty case. She settled down and enjoyed playing her games, taking pictures and listening to the music Emmy put on her SD card for her. We love our family and our adventures, what a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Times at Home

My folks celebrated their 57th Wedding anniversary. We went to crawdads for an evening by the river at sunset. It was a great time with Bria...