Grandma getting ready to go to the baptism
Emmy, Joseph, Celia and I traveled to My folks house to particiate in Kieran( My Nephew) eight year old celebrations. I was feeling better when we took off Friday morning for Los Angeles. The kids and I made great time until we hit LA's heavy traffic on a Friday. However, we made it there and still had plenty of time to shop for Kieran's present and watch a movie.:) We really wanted to get Kieran a game for his DSI that my kids had so they could all be in game in Animal Crossing Wild World together. Even with the Internet, they can play together at home with living so far away. We found it at the Brea mall and were really happy since it seems to be hard to find and was released in 2005.
We were ready for the Big day on Saturday, we traveled to Burbank in the morning and were there for Kieran's Baptism. I gave the talk on Baptism, my mom gave the talk on the spirit and my dad baptized and confirmed Kieran. It was a great family experience and a beautiful day. Afterwards, we went and set up for Kieran's Drum Party. My dad made the most delicious tacos; spicy chipotle ground beef, chili verde pork, and chipotle chicken on corn torillas or tostada shells. My sister's red velvet cupcake was a real hit with me as well.:) Celia loved the drum party. She went up and stood on the drum and led everyone in rumbling loud or soft on their drums, she set the beat for everyone, and she even sung the ABC song in the microphone all by herself! She wasn't shy at all and we all enjoyed it very much. I was happy for the earplugs they gave us, Joseph was too, but we we're grooving and lovin' it!
I had mentioned the the kids that we would be out all day, so they were saying it wasn't time to head home to grandma and grandpa's just yet. We stopped by the Citadel outlets,I had to check out the Cabi outlet which was having great sales and I got just what I wanted.~ We stopped by Henry's shoe experience, we love that place too! Joseph and Celia picked shoes they loved. Celia's were pick sandals that said Audrey inside so of course she had to get those. I got a wonderful purse, I could go on and on about it, describing it, but let's just say its fabulous! We were spoiled getting to do what we wanted and having just a wonderful day with the family.
No comments:
Post a Comment